Monday, 28 December 2015

Don't forget to Relax.

It's the most wonderful time of the year... But is it? Now Christmas is over hopefully the stress levels have reduced. However, I think we still forget to do one vital thing - relax. We are in such a generation where we are always on the go and there is always something that needs to be done. We're also continuously attached to technology killing our poor eyes and allowing our minds to be constantly alert. So I ask you to do one thing – find some time each week to switch off from everything. Turn your phone off/TV/laptop and just relax. Here are just some things that help me.


First turn off technology, say your good nights if you need to on the phone and then put the phone out of reach. Resist temptation!
Have a bath. Or a shower if you’re not a bath person. Get a bath bomb (I vote LUSH!) mix with some oils and soak up for a while. The bath bomb I used in this photo is Star Dust which has a gorgeous vanilla scent. If you want it get it now! As it is limited edition I believe. As for oils I like to use grapefruit or lavender depending how I feel. Use a scrub, moisturise, do a face mask – whatever you like doing in the bath. Just relax. 
Afterwards I like to light a candle, this one was from Matalan. If you have a relaxing scented one go for that one. Then I like to get a nice hot drink - obviously nothing with caffeine. Peppermint tea, hot chocolate or horlicks! Whatever takes your fancy. Then I lounge around for a while and read a book. The one I love to read before bed is Calm by Michael Acton Smith. It contains little activities and quotes to just help relax or appreciate what you have. I get so caught up in the superficial stuff that it's nice to read this book and remind me of what and who is really important. I also usually have music on the background - I have a old generation ipod, one without internet connection. I know it's still technology but I can't do much without music it seems!
After I've done some reading and had my lovely hot drink I head up to my room. The next thing I do is lie on my Bed of Nails Mat for about half an hour. If you suffer from back pain/neck pain or generally find it difficult to switch off I really recommend you give this a go. I've had back pain and neck pain for years and now I don't see an osteopath weekly this mat has made a huge impact to me. It really isn't as scary as it looks and once you get used to it you'll be wondering what you done without it - trust me. It works by triggering pressure points in the body to ease tension to induce a state of relaxation. It's also said to release endorphins and oxytoxins. There's a ton of benefits which you can look through on the website. I will say if you're going to purchase it do from Amazon. It's usually available for half the price! 
After using the mat I'm usually very sleepy and relaxed. So I spritz my pillow with the This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray. I find whenever I use this I tend to drift off a lot easier than I would usually. However, I don't use it often as I don't want to get used to the scent and become reliant on it. I do always take it away with me and it does help me when I'm not in my own bed. I've always had issues with sleep as well so this really does make a big difference.
Finally I turn the lights out, do my skin care routine and put a eye mask on. The one I'm in love with at the moment is this one from Maggs London which is appropriately called Let Go Eye Mask. It's so comfortable on the eyes and doesn't add pressure to the area. It's such a beautiful design too! I love the Michalaks so it was nice to know the purchase is helping them! She has gorgeous make up bags too - definitely have a browse.

So that's is what I do when I really need to switch off or relax. What's your pamper evening like? Have you taken time to relax in this crazy busy period? 
My next post won't be up until the new year so I hope you all enjoy celebrating whatever you are up to! Bring on 2016!

Hana
SHARE:

26 comments

  1. You're so right, sometimes we should really let ourselves go and relax a bit! I'm so intrigued by that mat, as sometimes trying to keep good posture and having a good night's sleep just doesn't cut it... Sounds great! :) xx
    Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey hun, thanks for reading! Oh you should try the mat I honestly don't have anything negative to say about it - it's amazing if you have a bad back or pains and aches.

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  2. Perfect tips, you're so right that it's easy to forget to just chill! I like to rub a little lavendar oil on my pulse points, really helps me drift off!

    Sinéad ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey :) Thanks! Ah that sounds a good idea - might have to give it a try! Thanks for reading :)

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  3. very helpful post! its very important to relax :)
    I usually just read a book and treat myself to coffee and some chocolate!

    Melissa || Fruity Flamingo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm glad you think so! You can't go wrong with a good book and chocolate :) Thanks for reading!

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  4. Love this post - sometimes we just need a bit of relaxing time! I like the eye mask too! I've been looking for one for a while now :)
    Jess @ JuicyyyJesss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun :) I love this one from Maggs London but if you want a cheaper alternative there's some on amazon which are a lot cheaper. However, I love the shape of this one as it's so comfy and doesn't dig in anywhere like some do! Thanks for reading :)

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  5. I've started taking baths to relax recently, and I always leave my phone in my bedroom to get away from social media etc.. I find taking a little walk helps me to relax as well!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah it makes all the difference doesn't it?! I was always a shower person before this year - now love my baths! A walk sounds a good idea too. Thanks for reading :)

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  6. The bed of nails mat sounds really interesting! So does that calm book. I love a bath and pamper evening to relax. x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! You should definitely look into the two! They're both really good :) thanks for reading!

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  7. Great post! Everyone regards the festive period as a time to relax but with the stress of shopping and preparations, we sometimes need a bit of reminding.

    Elesaurus | elesaurusrawr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely agree! Thanks for reading :)

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  8. My Idea of a perfect relaxation evening is curling up with a good book and a nice early night... I think I'm a secret 80 year old haha x

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha there's nothing wrong with that! I'm the same! Think there's more secret 80 year olds than we think ;) thanks for reading!

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  9. I've just gone and ordered The Bed of Nails Mat straight away from Amazon after reading this! I've suffered with my back for years also and the reviews are amazing, plus it was only £25!
    Amelia | ameliamaryx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's so good! I really hope you get relief from it. You'll have to let me know how you get on! Thanks for reading :)

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  10. This is so important! I try not to use my phone for an hour before bed. It doesn't always work, but it certainly makes a difference when I'm able to do it. There was a product that came out a while ago, some kind of cream I think & on the instructions it said to use it an hour before bed & then not use any technology. I'm a bit cynical, but I think it got rave reviews more because people were allowing their brains to switch off by not being attached to a computer screen than by anything the product itself did! Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I think we forget so much, don't get me wrong I'm guilty of not putting my phone to one side but when I do it makes such a big difference. Definitely need to do it more this year.
      Ah tbh it sounds more psychological to me but if it works for them that's brilliant! Thanks for reading :)

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  11. I really want to try the sleep spray, my sister uses it and swears by it.

    Claudia xxx
    www.claudiagilchriest.blogpsot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! If you can borrow it off your sister and see if you like it :) I haven't found anything better yet! Thanks for reading :)

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  12. Who doesn't like to relax?! I love a good pamper!
    I've had two relaxing baths this festive season with lots of bubbles, candles and a good book.
    One of my New Year goals is to switch off for an evening a week - I'm yet to try it!
    Rachel x
    Lost In Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone who doesn't like to relax needs to learn to relax haha! Ah that sounds lovely! Definitely try switch off for an evening - it's hard but your body will be so grateful for it afterwards. Thanks for reading!

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  13. I like to read before bed and use a sleep spray to help relax for bed and I turn the lights off and use an eye mask because I have so many flashing lights and things on charge which can be distracting but I've never heard of those mats they sound lovely


    Leanne | www.oohsimplething.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you sound like you've got a good system there. Lights can definitely be distracting! The mat is amazing, definitely recommend it!

      Thanks for reading :)
      Hana ♥

      Delete

© HanaRosella. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig