Sunday, 20 December 2015

Top 5 Festive Drug Store Lipsticks

It's that time of year with all the glitter and all the excuses to dress up! For me the biggest way to change a look is with your lipstick. I'm sure if you follow my instagram you'll know I'm obsessed with lipsticks so I thought I would share my top 5 drug store lipsticks for the festive period. Whether it's Christmas day or new years or just a party these are definitely worth a try! 


Rimmel The Only 1 Lipstick - 800 Under My Spell (£6.99): These lipsticks are fairly new in the shops. If you suffer from dry lips this might be a winner for you - it's incredibly comforting, non drying and provides moisture and long lasting colour. There's a variety of colours available too but I always tend to go for a deep purple/red shade so under my spell is a perfect alternative to a red lip.
Fleur De Force Lipstick - 040 Lucky Star (£6.99): If you're more of a lipgloss fan this would be more suited for you. I picked the bright red shade as gold eyes and red lips just screams Christmas doesn't it?! The formula is non sticky and comfortable on the lips. It leaves a lovely stain which means you don't have to top up during the day if you want a more muted shade. However, if you do want that strong red shade you can just load up the layers.
Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick - 107 (£5.49): Ah that famous bold deep red shade that every beauty blogger seems to go crazy for. For drug store lipsticks this formula is by far my favourite. Long lasting and pigmented - just make sure you apply lip balm before so your lips do not dry out! 
Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm - 250 Standout (£7.99): If you're not a fan or lipstick or lipgloss this one is for you. Such a gorgeous formula which is so easy to apply. This one does tend to fade so you will need to reapply during the day. However, you just forget it's on your lips! If you've not noticed already I tend to lean towards comfort in the Winter. The shade is a gorgeous classic red which can be built up to the boldness you require.
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - 457 Wild Orchid (£7.99): If you're really not a fan of red lipstick this might be worth trying. As much as I love burgundy shades sometimes you just want a change! I love reaching for a pink/purple shade this time of year if I want to stand out a bit more. The formula of this is lovely and long lasting - I've tested at a wedding and it stayed put for 12 hours! 

I will be posting my high end festive lipstick choices tomorrow! What shades do you go for this time of year? Do any of these take your fancy?

Hana
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I still need to pick up the Rimmel 107 - I don't know why I don't own it already!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you should definitely do so! It's such a gorgeous shade which isn't too deep :) maybe in time for next Autumn/Winter?!
      Thanks for reading!

      x

      Delete
  2. I always love a good drug store lipstick and these colors are awesome. I think I'm in love with Fleur De Force lipstick. Sweet color. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you should try it! It's so comfortable on the lips! Thanks :) thanks for reading!

      Hana ♥

      Delete

© HanaRosella. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig