Monday, 15 February 2016

Bed Of Nails Acupressure Mat


I mentioned the Bed of Nails Mat in my Don't Forget to Relax post. I had a few people to explain in more description what this mat is and how it helps me. I did do a post on my previous blog but it seemed a bit wishy washy to copy and paste so thought I would do a new post altogether. 
I purchased the Bed of Nails mat a while ago after hearing Vivanna Does Make Up mention it and knew I had to give it a try. I've had back and neck pain for as long as I can remember so anything that can help reduce the pain I am happy to consider or give it a try. I purchased this off Amazon for £25 which is half the price of the retail price. A lot of other websites have it at a higher price - so if you want to purchase this I definitely recommend you do via Amazon. After it turned up I was really hesitant to use it as it really does look frightening when you first look at it. 
The mat itself is covered with 230 acupressure points. It has around 6440 nails per mat. Can you see why I was scared now? The way it works is suppose to be in a similar way that acupuncture would work. It helps focus in on pressure points on the body to get energy stimulating around the body.  It claims to do a whole load of things but I'm guessing the results vary from person to person. Some of these is that it claims to get rid of toxins in the body so I would really recommend you have a glass of water after using it. The pressure points are suppose to help release endorphins and oxytocin to assist in feeling relaxed and to help reduce pain. If you want to find out more of the benefits it claims to do please go check out the website as it contains the full list there
When I first used this product I had my tshirt on and done about 10 minutes then increased each time I used it. Now I spend around 30-40 minutes on it and can lay directly upon it. It doesn't hurt, it's a weird sensation when you first lay on it but I think that's more getting used to it. Once you do get used to it you will wonder why you didn't try it before trust me. It leaves my skin feeling as if it's heated up but in a really nice way and I have a really good nights sleep almost every time I use this. I don't know what it does but I usually have issues sleeping and for this to help is a big deal. I feel very relaxed after and the pain does reduce especially on my back. It sometimes doesn't help my neck - but the pain is so much worse in my neck so I'm not too surprised. I have honestly noticed a huge difference in using this. I think it's best to use it in the evening before you plan to go to bed. If you do suffer from neck or back pain or generally have issues relaxing or switching off I definitely recommend this to you. It's made such a huge difference to me. 

Will you be trying this? What do you think of acupressure mats?

Hana ♥
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Fab review! I'm definitely intrigued though slightly scared! Going to look into getting one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly it's not as scary as it looks! Hope it helps if you do get it :) thanks for reading!

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  2. Omg I've never seen one of these before! I'm intrigued though...maybe next payday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing honestly! Can't recommend it enough :) do look into it! Thanks for reading :)

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  3. It sounds so interesting! I need to check it out as my bak and neck have been a little bit more problematic lately. Thanks for the rec! :) xx
    Gyudy @ Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good for aches and pains! Really hope you like it if you get it!
      Thanks for reading :)

      Hana ❤

      Delete
  4. Loving your blog, I'd really love to give this a go! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! I hope you do - it's amazing :) thanks for reading!

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  5. I have wanted this for ages. I suffer from various chronic things and migraines also, so I think it would be great. It does look terrifying but I think after reading this, I'm just going to go ahead and buy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you like it! If you've responded to alternative therapies like osteopathy or acupuncture before I really do think it will help! Hope it does :) thanks for reading!

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  6. I want to try one of these so bad. They sound amazing. I used to love acupuncture and it always released any tension in my back so Im intrigued to see if this is as good
    Beth x
    Mermaid in Disguise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should then! I imagine it should work for you if acupuncture did :) my osteopath actually mentioned it to me when I was moving away and it does work wonders. Sometimes it doesn't work but usually it does! Thanks for reading :)

      Hana ♥

      Delete
  7. Ooo this sounds great; I really want to try one of these mats now! My back pain really affects me being able to sleep so anything that could help would be amazing :)

    www.raiin-monkey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope this helps if you do try it! I've gotten so used to it now don't know what I would do without it. Thanks for reading :)

      Hana ♥

      Delete

© HanaRosella. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig